School Pictures - November 18, 2015
School pictures will take place for ALL grades on Wednesday, November 18, 2015. Picture envelopes will go home through Social Studies classes during the week of November 9th.
Note the following information regarding picture day:
• All students will take pictures on November 18, 2015, whether they are purchasing a picture package or not.
• All students WILL be in full school uniform for picture day.
• If students wish to purchase a picture package, they must bring the purchasing envelope in on November 18, picture day. The purchasing envelopes go directly to the Fox-Mar representatives on picture day. Students can pay on-line as well. Instructions will be on the purchasing envelopes.
Students can pay cash (exact change) or with a check made payable to Fox-Mar.
NEW RENAISSANCE IS NOT COLLECTING/RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HANDLING OF PICTURE MONEY. FOX-MAR REPRESENTATIVES WILL HANDLE ALL PURCHASES ON NOVEMBER 18, 2015.
November Title I Parent Training
The next Title I Parent Training is planned for November 12, 2015 at Atlantic West Elementary. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. The guest speaker is Captain Barrington Irving who will speak on the subject "Stem-U-lating Bright Minds.
Click HERE for the PDF flyer.
The process used by Broward County Schools to identify and assist struggling students is called RtI (Response to Intervention).
Click here for more information.
Florida is using a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) to assist struggling student.
Please click here to view the flyer for more information.
NRMS Fall Newsletter
The 2015 New Renaissance Middle School Fall Newsletter is now available.
AdvancEd (formerly SACS and SACS-CASI) is the accreditation agency for Broward County Public Schools, the nation’s largest fully accredited K-12 school district. Broward County became the first school district to be a district-wide accredited school system in 2006 and then the first to achieve this feat a second time in 2011. Broward County Public Schools is preparing to become the first to achieve district-wide accreditation three times in 2016.
The district-wide accreditation process involves the following:
- a 5 year cycle where we host an external review of our school system
- provide a mid-cycle (2 ½ year) progress report
- conduct an internal review
- complete the cycle by hosting another accreditation visit at the end of 5 years
- after each accreditation visit the visiting team leaves commendations (accomplishments) and required actions for continuous improvement.
For additional information regarding AdvancED and Accreditation, visit the following site: http://www.broward.k12.fl.us/accreditation/.
Please click here for a parent flyer which contains more information about the accreditation process.